Data Collection Using Tabs
A tablet is no longer the standard piece of priced possession but a matter of innovative use. Market Xcel put this innovation in place for an alternative data collection mode apart from the traditional Pen-and-Paper (PAPI) and Online which are also the existing methods with us in-house.
We currently use over 450 tablets for our regular and ad-hoc studies and ensure speed, accuracy along with efficiency and smartness in data collection.
Market Xcel uses technology from Cluetec, a German firm, to utilize tablets for data collection. Cluetec is used for programming surveys and brings in capabilities like location tracking, clicking images along with audio and video capabilities that this technology provides.
We believe technology helps us to create a better case in front of the clients with respect to the quality of data along with host of other benefits technology brings in this space.
Data Collection Methods
- Market Xcel programming team programs the survey provided by the client
- Survey hosted on Market Xcel Servers
- SURVEY DOWNLOADED ON TABS
- Program is downloaded on the handheld device, which will be assigned to the interviewers
- READY FOR USE IN FIELD
- Interviewer visits the respondent and enter data directly on the handheld device
- POST COMPLETION DATA REACHES SERVERS AUTOMATICALLY
- Data will automatically get updated on the server as soon as the device gets connected to the internet
- DATA QC TEAMS CHECKS DATA
- QC team will download this data and check for accuracy and quality
- DATA READY FOR FURTHER ANALYSIS
Benefits of Using Tablet PCs for Primary Data Collection
- Data can be checked on regular intervals
- Quotas can be pre-set in advance to avoid any mismatch within panels
- By programming logical checks in advance, any logical errors in data can be avoided
- Since data will be directly input by the interviewer in the program, it removes possibility of errors during data punching
- Closed ended data can be made available within 36 hours of fieldwork completion in comparison to 48-60 hours currently
- Supplementation of interviews with audio recordings, photos and videos
- Get geo-location of the interviews
- Set quota’s within the systems – better quota controls
- Modification of surveys at any time – even just before use or while a study is ongoing